The history, scenery, and legends of Scotland have come alive in the TV series Outlander, based on the best-seller series by American author Diana Gabaldon. On this tour, we will experience Scotland as the home of Gabaldon’s heroes Jamie and Claire by visiting many of the sites that double as their fictional land. We’ll see the standing stones, romantic castles, and sweeping scenery that inspired the books. As we are swept away into Jamie and Claire’s world, we’ll discover a magical mix of mountains, lochs, forests and glens, in a land steeped in fascinating history, culture and heritage.
The Scottish Highlands, where the majority of Outlander takes place, is a dynamic character in the TV series. Together we’ll see the magical Isle of Skye, the atmospheric Glasgow Cathedral, impressive Blackness Castle, and the delightful town of Falkland, among other breathtaking locations. Join us to create your own Outlander story.
September 14 to September 24, 2018 Only 2 places available!
Tour Cost (per person): CA $4195 (15 participants)
CA $4495 (11 – 14 participants)
Past Passenger Discount $100 off tour price
Bring a Friend $100 off tour price
Roommate match program available.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to share accommodation, we would be happy to try to match you with a suitable roommate.
10 – 16 participants
Host: Corey McCusker a Mental Performance Coach, Motivational Speaker and Author who coaches accomplished women professionals and elite young athletes to break through stress and overcome setbacks in order to reach peak performance . Her positive outlook, great leadership, communication skills and her passion to help people create and live their desired life is a guarantee you’ll have a memorable trip and enjoy each and every moment.
- Visiting the setting of “Castle Leoch” in the Highlands
- Feel the romance of the Isle of Sky
- Enjoy at special “Outlander” dinner with traditional music
- Follow Claire’s footsteps in Edinburgh
- Explore villages seen in the TV series
- Visit Pollok County, Glasgow Cathedral and Kelvihngrove Art Gallery
- Visit Stirling Castle and Duone Castle, known as fictional Castle Leoch in the Outlander TV series
- Drive through scenic Trossach’s National Park
- Take a ferry ride to the Isle of Skye
- Drive along the scenic Great Glen
- Visit a whisky distillery
- Look for Nessie the Loch Ness Monster
- Visit Eilean Donan Castle
- Visit Inverness, the capital of the Highlands
- Soak up the rich history at Culloden Battlefield
- Visit the town of Beauly, home of clan Mackenzie
- Explore the ruins of ancient Beauly Priory
- Visit the Highland Fold Museum, featured extensively in the Outland tv series
- Enjoy a walking tour of Edinburgh
- Visit Blackness Castle, a stand-in for Fort William in the Outlander tv series
- Visit the village of Falkland, appears as Inverness in the Outlander tv series
- Cross the historic Forth Bridge to the burgh of Culross
- Arrival/departure transfers if arriving and departing with the group
- Accommodation in twin occupancy; 2 nights Lorne Hotel Glasgow, 2 nights Cruachan Hotel Fort William, 2 nights Royal Highland Hotel Inverness, 4 nights Jurys Hotel Edinburgh (or similar)
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 8 dinners
- Transportation by private coach
- Expert English-speaking guide throughout
- All activities as listed in the detailed itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited as per itinerary
- Gratuities for local guides, drivers, hotel and group meals
(as indicated above)
- Taxes (as indicated above)
- Services of your Womens Travel Network tour leader
Note: The itinerary and accommodation described in this tour brochure are subject to change due to logistical arrangements and to take advantage of local event
- Roundtrip airfare from your home city
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Airport transfers, if not travelling with the group
- Alcoholic beverages and bar expenses
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Additional transport required due to any
A non-refundable deposit of CA$500 per person is required to reserve a space on this tour.
A second non refundable deposit of CA $1000 is required 6 months prior to departure.
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
The Womens Travel Network was founded by Debbie Ross, who provides the inspiration for women only small group trips as well as some mixed company trips. The WTN is affiliated with Worldwide Quest, a TICO Travel Agency, that provides all of the trip logistics, trip designs and details, and also looks after the entire booking process and client care before, during and after your travels.
For Reservations, To Request a Detailed Itinerary or to Discuss the Trip details contact:
491 King St. E, Toronto ON
Call: 416-633-5666 or 1-800-387-1483
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kerry@worldwidequest.com
TICO REG. # 2667946