The Heart of Portugal
Travel with us to explore the heart of Portugal with stays in Porto, Coimbra, and Lisbon.
Visit opulent Porto with its maze of medieval streets and riverside charm. Enjoy the fascinating mix of edgy public art and historic buildings. Beautiful lookouts afford fabulous views over the colourful city and out to the sea. Wander the medieval streets of Obidos and Guimaraes and the historic university town of Coimbra. Delve into the ancient city of Lisbon with its postcard-perfect views from the heights of the city’s seven hills and white-domed churches and ancient buildings to admire in the cobbled streets. Portugal is tradition, history, and idyllic scenery!
May 17 to May 27, 2018 2 places available on a share basis!
Cost (per person): CA $4995 based on 15 participants
CA $5495 (per person) based on 10 – 14 participants
Taxes and Gratuities (per person): CA $275
Single supplement CA $1350
Roommate match program available.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to share accommodation, we would be happy to try to match you with a suitable roommate.
If we are unable to do so, the single cost applies.
Past Passenger Discount $100 off tour price
Bring a Friend $100 off tour price
Check out our Testimonials, Photo Gallery and Travel Blog
10 – 16 participants
Host: Lori Dalton is an enthusiastic tour leader, personal life coach and gifted speaker. She uses her excellent people skills to ensure that everyone is enjoying, learning and growing while on tour with her. Her joie de vivre makes every journey with her fun-filled and stress free.
- Exploring Lisbon’s bohemian areas
- Listening to the soulful sounds of traditional Fado
- Delve into traditional markets
- Sampling wines in the vineyards and cellars
- See the glamorous sea-side towns of Sintra and Cascais
- Lisbon city tour, including Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery
- Excursion to Sintra, one of the loveliest mountain village, including a tour of the fairy tale castle Castelo da Pena
- Visit Fatima, famous for its shrine to the Virgin Mary and a world-renowned pilgrimage site
- Explore the the fishing village of Nazaré
- Explore the routes that lead down to the mouths of the rivers Minho, Lima, and Cávado including the town of Guimares and Barcelo
- Enjoy a fabulous Portuguese ‘Fado’ dinner with live players and singer
- Visit Aveiro, known as the Venice of Portugal and Serra do Buçaco with its lush forest made up of more than 700 different plant species
- Visit Coimbra, famous for its university (one of the oldest in Europe) and home to the ‘Biblioteca Joanina’,
- Enjoy a wine-tasting at a local vineyard
- Take a full day tour to the Douro region, including a port tasting with a local producer
- Delve into Porto’s Saturday market
- Arrival/departure transfers if arriving and departing with the group
- Transportation via private coach
- Accommodation in twin occupancy, 4 nights Porto Hotel Teatro, 1 night Coimbra Tryp hotel, 5 nights Lisbon Hotel San Lisboa (or similar)
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 10 dinners
- All activities and entrance fees
- Services of Professional Cruise Director
- Gratuities for local guides, drivers, hotel and group meals (as indicated above)
- All taxes as indicated above
- Services of your Womens Travel Network tour leader
- International airfare from you home to Porto /return from Lisbon
- items of a personal nature
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Any item not mentioned in the “included features” above
- Additional arrangements required due to any emergency or other situation
A non-refundable deposit of CA$500 per person is required to reserve a space on this tour.
A second deposit of CA$1000 will be required six months prior to departure
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure
The Womens Travel Network was founded by Debbie Ross, who provides the inspiration for women only small group trips as well as some mixed company trips. The WTN is affiliated with Worldwide Quest, a TICO Travel Agency, that provides all of the trip logistics, trip designs and details, and also looks after the entire booking process and client care before, during and after your travels.
For Reservations, To Request a Detailed Itinerary or to Discuss the Trip details contact:
491 King St. E, Toronto ON, M5A 1L9
Call: 416-633-5666 or 1-800-387-1483
Email: email@example.com or Kerry@worldwidequest.com
TICO REG. # 2667946