Join a group of adventurous women to explore the rich cultural mélange that defines Morocco. We’ll meet in Casablanca to see that cosmopolitan city by the sea, then spend three days exploring the medieval city of Fes. We’ll make our way south across the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara Desert where we ride camels as the Bedouin do and sleep under a million stars. We’ll stay in a traditional ksar (fortress home) in an Atlas Mountain Village and in a lovely riad in glamorous Marrakesh. Along the way we’ll learn all about Moroccan spices and how to prepare mouth-watering tagines at a cooking class, and relax with traditional mint tea in shaded cafes.
We’ll get to know colourful ancient cities, small villages in the mountains and the vast expanses of the Berber desert. We’ll wind our way through labyrinths of alleyways in souks and watch traditional artisans at work. Morocco is exotic, relaxing and exciting all at once.
Oct. 17 to Oct. 27, 2018 Waitlist only!
Tour Cost (per person): CA $4495 Based on 15 participants
CA $4795 Based on 10 – 14 participants
Taxes and Gratuities (per person): CA $275
Tour cost for Guaranteed Single Accommodation CA $1595
2019 TOUR DATES
Oct.. 16 to Oct. 26, 2019
Approximate Tour Cost (per person):*
CA $5595 based on 15 participants
CA $5995 based on 10 – 14 participants
Single Supplement: CA $1950
NEW FOR 2019 trip! *Price includes taxes and gratuities per person CA $275
NEW for 2019 trip! World Explorers Club (Repeat traveller credit)
We’d like to make sure that you know about our Worldwide Explorers Club. Travel twice with us and we’ll say a special thank you by taking 5% off all your subsequent trips. The bonus applies to our brochure trips only, is non-transferrable, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or credit. Note that some exceptions may apply as indicated on the tour’s Detailed Itinerary.
Roommate match program available.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to share accommodation, we would be happy to try to match you with a suitable roommate.
If we are unable to do so, the single cost applies.
Check out our Testimonials, Photo Gallery and Travel Blog
10 – 16 participants
Sandy Girvan is an avid traveller and has always infused her sense of humour with a responsible side wherever she goes. She has travelled widely and lived abroad for short periods. Sandy has often gone on solo travels and has had to be aware of every detail to make sure the adventure was calculated. She has been a guest of WTN and knows the quality of service provided to you and is keen to keep that standard ongoing.
2019 HOST: Nanette Snel is a seasoned and passionate traveler. Born in Venezuela, raised in Holland with ties to Portugal, Brazil and South Africa, travel is in her blood. Nanette enjoys a successful career as an Interior Decorator and runs her own business, but she loves to take time out to see the world.
She has traveled as a guest on many tours. This has given her insight as to what it takes to be a good tour leader and she understands what it takes to make trips extra special. Nanette has excellent people skills and she is a very well organized. Her positive attitude and love of fun and laughter make her a great tour leader. She will make sure your tour is memorable and that every need is taken care of – with a smile.
- Finding the perfect babouches in the souk
- Cooking with dadas, traditional Moroccan family cooks
- Riding a camel into the desert
- Overnight in a tented camp in the Sahara
- Enjoying an evening of traditional music at the Djama el Fnaa Square
- walking tour of the medieval city of Fes to discover it’s palaces, mosques and medersas
- visit Meknes, one of Morocco’s four imperial cities
- stop in the souk is a must to pick up the country’s finest slippers called babouches.
- visit Volubilis, the amazing vestiges of the Roman settlement dating from the 3rd century B.C.
- take part in a cooking class with recipes created by dadas (traditional woman cooks) over the centuries; pastilla, couscous and tajine
- take a 4X4 jeep ride through huge sand dunes
- camel ride to watch the sun set behind the dunes
- sleep under a million stars at our desert camp
- view the Todra Gorge is a dramatic sight just 50 metres across and 300 metres high
- stopping at Kelaa Mgouna in the heart of the Dades Valley, the area is famous for its roses and perfume essences
- visit the archaeological ruins of Aghmat
- visit an organic garden that combines the wisdom of ancient Morroccan traditions with the knowledge of modern aromatherapy and phytotherapy
- city tour of Marrakesh to see the splendid Koutoubia Mosque and the Saadian Tombs, the 14th-century Ben Youssef Madrassa and Bahia Palace
- meander through the stunning Majorelle Garden, once owned by very colourful Yves Saint-Laurent
- soak up the colorful chaos of Djemma el Fna Square, where snake charmers and magicians captivate the passersby
- Arrival/departure transfers if arriving and departing with the group
- Accommodation in twin occupancy, 1 night Casablanca Hyatt Regency, 3 nights at Fes Riad Maison Bleu, 1 night at a tented camp, 1 night atXaluca Dades at Boumalne Dades, 1 night Ksar Ighnda at Ait Ben Haddou, 3 nights Les Jardins de la Medina at Marrakesh (or similar)
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 9 dinners
- Transportation by private coach and 4×4 vehicles
- Expert English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees to monuments and sites visited as per itinerary
- Gratuities for local guides, drivers, hotel and group meals (as indicated above)
- Taxes (as indicated above)
- Services of your Womens Travel Network tour leader
- Round trip airfare from your home
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Beverages with meals
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned in “what’s included” above
Note: The itinerary and accommodation described in this tour brochure are subject to change due to logistical arrangements and to take advantage of local event
A non-refundable deposit of C$500 per person is required to reserve a space on this tour. A second deposit of C$1000 is required 6 months prior to departure. Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Oct 16, 2019. This tour begins with our briefing and walking tour at 3PM today
Please ensure that you arrive in Casablanca by 1PM to join the group. All travellers arriving on the start date of the tour will be met on arrival and transferred to the group hotel.
When you book pre-trip arrangements including flight and accommodations with Worldwide Quest, your transfer from the airport to our group hotel on arrival is also included. If you are making your own pre-trip arrangements, this transfer can be provided at additional cost.
Oct 26, 2019. The tour concludes with a single complimentary transfer from the hotel to the Marrakesh airport. Please contact us to verify timing of this transfer prior to making any flight arrangements
Level of Activity: Moderate
We will be walking on rough ground and through narrow, busy streets. You should be comfortable walking for up to two hours at a time on uneven terrain. If you have any questions about your ability to take part in this tour, please give us a call.
We are staying in two charming riads (in Fes and in Marrakesh). These are traditional hotels; not all rooms are the same. We are staying one night in a permanent tented camp in the desert; individual tents have private facilities. We’ll enjoy two lovely boutique hotels in super-scenic locations in the Atlas Mountains.
We expect warm weather and sunny skies on our trip. Temperatures will reach mid-twenties C during the day with overnight lows at 15C. It will be cooler overnight in the desert.
You will require a passport for this trip. Please ensure it is valid for at least 6 months beyond your scheduled return home. At the time of writing, visas are not required for Canadian citizens.
The Womens Travel Network was founded by Debbie Ross, who provides the inspiration for women only small group trips as well as some mixed company trips. The WTN is affiliated with Worldwide Quest, a TICO Travel Agency, that provides all of the trip logistics, trip designs and details, and also looks after the entire booking process and client care before, during and after your travels.
For Reservations, To Request a Detailed Itinerary or to Discuss the Trip details contact:
491 King St. E, Toronto ON, M5A 1L9
Call: 416-633-5666 or 1-800-387-1483
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kerry@worldwidequest.com
TICO REG. # 2667946