Join a group of adventurous women to explore the rich cultural mélange that defines Morocco. We’ll meet in Casablanca to see that cosmopolitan city by the sea, then spend three days exploring the medieval city of Fes. We’ll make our way south across the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara Desert where we ride camels as the Bedouin do and sleep under a million stars. We’ll stay in a traditional ksar (fortress home) in an Atlas Mountain Village and in a lovely riad in glamorous Marrakesh. Along the way we’ll learn all about Moroccan spices and how to prepare mouth-watering tagines at a cooking class, and relax with traditional mint tea in shaded cafes.
We’ll get to know colourful ancient cities, small villages in the mountains and the vast expanses of the Berber desert. We’ll wind our way through labyrinths of alleyways in souks and watch traditional artisans at work. Morocco is exotic, relaxing and exciting all at once.
Oct. 17 to Oct. 27, 2018 Waitlist only!
Tour Cost (per person): CA $4495 Based on 15 participants
CA $4795 Based on 10 – 14 participants
Taxes and Gratuities (per person): CA $275
Tour cost for Guaranteed Single Accommodation CA $1595
Roommate match program available.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to share accommodation, we would be happy to try to match you with a suitable roommate.
If we are unable to do so, the single cost applies.
Past Passenger Discount $100 off tour price
Bring a Friend $100 off tour price
Check out our Testimonials, Photo Gallery and Travel Blog
12 – 16 participants
Sandy Girvan is an avid traveller and has always infused her sense of humour with a responsible side wherever she goes. She has travelled widely and lived abroad for short periods. Sandy has often gone on solo travels and has had to be aware of every detail to make sure the adventure was calculated. She has been a guest of WTN and knows the quality of service provided to you and is keen to keep that standard ongoing.
- Finding the perfect babouches in the souk
- Cooking with dadas, traditional Moroccan family cooks
- Riding a camel into the desert
- Overnight in a tented camp in the Sahara
- Enjoying an evening of traditional music at the Djama el Fnaa Square
- walking tour of the medieval city of Fes to discover it’s palaces, mosques and medersas
- visit Meknes, one of Morocco’s four imperial cities
- stop in the souk is a must to pick up the country’s finest slippers called babouches.
- visit Volubilis, the amazing vestiges of the Roman settlement dating from the 3rd century B.C.
- take part in a cooking class with recipes created by dadas (traditional woman cooks) over the centuries; pastilla, couscous and tajine
- take a 4X4 jeep ride through huge sand dunes
- camel ride to watch the sun set behind the dunes
- sleep under a million stars at our desert camp
- view the Todra Gorge is a dramatic sight just 50 metres across and 300 metres high
- stopping at Kelaa Mgouna in the heart of the Dades Valley, the area is famous for its roses and perfume essences
- visit the archaeological ruins of Aghmat
- visit an organic garden that combines the wisdom of ancient Morroccan traditions with the knowledge of modern aromatherapy and phytotherapy
- city tour of Marrakesh to see the splendid Koutoubia Mosque and the Saadian Tombs, the 14th-century Ben Youssef Madrassa and Bahia Palace
- meander through the stunning Majorelle Garden, once owned by very colourful Yves Saint-Laurent
- soak up the colorful chaos of Djemma el Fna Square, where snake charmers and magicians captivate the passersby
- Arrival/departure transfers if arriving and departing with the group
- Accommodation in twin occupancy, 1 night Casablanca Hyatt Regency, 3 nights at Fes Riad Maison Bleu, 1 night at a tented camp, 1 night atXaluca Dades at Boumalne Dades, 1 night Ksar Ighnda at Ait Ben Haddou, 3 nights Les Jardins de la Medina at Marrakesh (or similar)
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 9 dinners
- Transportation by private coach and 4×4 vehicles
- Expert English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees to monuments and sites visited as per itinerary
- Gratuities for local guides, drivers, hotel and group meals (as indicated above)
- Taxes (as indicated above)
- Services of your Womens Travel Network tour leader
- Round trip airfare from your home
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Beverages with meals
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned in “what’s included” above
A non-refundable deposit of C$500 per person is required to reserve a space on this tour. A second deposit of C$1000 is required 6 months prior to departure. Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
The Womens Travel Network was founded by Debbie Ross, who provides the inspiration for women only small group trips as well as some mixed company trips. The WTN is affiliated with Worldwide Quest, a TICO Travel Agency, that provides all of the trip logistics, trip designs and details, and also looks after the entire booking process and client care before, during and after your travels.
For Reservations, To Request a Detailed Itinerary or to Discuss the Trip details contact:
491 King St. E, Toronto ON, M5A 1L9
Call: 416-633-5666 or 1-800-387-1483
Email: email@example.com or Kerry@worldwidequest.com
TICO REG. # 2667946