India – Rajasthan & the Pushkar Camel Fair
Mixed company – men are welcome!
India enthralls, mystifies, and intoxicates its visitors. With this trip, we’ve created what we think is an ideal introduction to some of the most compelling sights in the north of the country. We begin with a good look at dynamic Delhi. Next, we head to Agra, to marvel at the incomparable Taj Mahal. Cliché and icon, monument and living temple, the Taj Mahal, perhaps like no other monument in the world, and it never fails to inspire. Then we’re off overland into majestic Rajasthan. On this trip, the drives are half the fun; we share the road with bejeweled camels, sacred cows, cycle rickshaws and brightly decorated trucks. We’ll pass through the villages of rural India, with roadside barbershops beside cell phone towers, brightly sareed women in the mustard fields and pink turbaned gents leading bullock carts. Colour is everywhere here; the pink city of Jaipur, the blue city of Jodhpur and the sunsets of Udaipur. A highlight of our trip is the two days we spend at the Pushkar Camel Fair, a spectacle on an epic scale, amidst mystics and musicians against a soundtrack of pujas (prayers) and devotional songs.
Nov. 12 to Nov. 26, 2018 Only 5 places available!
Cost (per person): US $4595 based on 16 – 20 participants
US $5295 based on 10 – 15 participants
Taxes and Gratuities (per person): US $375
Single supplement US $1350
Roommate match program available.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to share accommodation, we would be happy to try to match you with a suitable roommate. If we are unable to do so, the single cost applies.
Past Passenger Discount $100 off tour price
Bring a Friend $100 off tour price
Check out our Testimonials, Photo Gallery and Travel Blog
10 – 20 participants
Join WTN Founder Debbie Ross to explore India. Debbie has put together her
favourite elements of past trips to India and looks forward to sharing the country’s colour, energy and grand experiences.
- Photographing the Taj Mahal in the cool morning light
- Riding a rickshaw thorugh Delhi’s busy streets
- Enjoying a family dinner in Jaipur
- Exploring Jodphur’s cheerful bazaars with and expert shopper
- Practicing conversational english with rural school children
- Photographing the colourful Push
- Delhi tour of the city including the red sandstone Humayun’s Tomb, Qutab Minar the world’s tallest brick minaret
- Take a rickshaw ride through the labyrinthine streets of Old Delhi
- Agra; visit the iconic Taj Mahal and the impressive Agra Fort
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage site of Fatehpur Sikri, site of one of the largest mosques in India
- Jaipur, explore its profusion of palaces, forts, and its walled city: a medieval labyrinth of bazaars
- Visit the Amber fort complex and the City Palace,a former royal residence built in a blend of Rajasthani and Mughal styles
- Experience the ceremony and excitement of the Pushkar Camel Fair
- Enjoy a meal with a local family in Jaipur
- Visit Asian, famous for its Hindu and Jain temples
- Tour the impressive Meherangarh Fort, the setting of Kipiling’s “The Junle Book”
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the 17th century village of Narlai
- Explore Udaipur’s Lake Pichola and the City Palace
- Explore the myriad of shops with an abundance of fabrics, jewelry, art, carpets and more
- Airport transfers on tour arrival and departure days
- 14 nights Accommodation in double occupancy, based on hotels listed or similar
Delhi 2 nights at the Grand hotel, Agra 2 nights at the Radisson hotel,
Jaipur 2 nights at the Sheraton, Pushkar 2 nighs at the Gateway Resort, Jodhpur 2 nights at Ajit Bhawan Palace hotel, Narlai Lodge 2 nights, Udaipur 2 nights at the Trident hotel
- Meals: 14 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 9 dinners
- Transportation by air conditioned coach
- Bottled water supplied daily
- All activities as indicated in the itinerary
- All entrance fees
- Services of specialized English speaking guides
- Gratuities for escort, local guides, drivers, hotel and group meals (as indicated above)
- Taxes (as indicated above)
- Fully escorted by WTN founder Debbie Ross
- Round trip airfare from your home
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Beverages with meals
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Any item not mentioned in “what’s included” above
- Visa fees (currently C $71.49 pp)
- Fuel surcharges if applicable
- Additional arrangements due to any emergency or other situation
- Excess baggage charges
A non-refundable deposit of US $500 per person is required to reserve a space on this tour.
A second deposit of US $1000 is required six months prior to departure.
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
Varanasi: Sacred Rituals of the Ganges
Nov. 26 – Nov. 28, 2018
The Womens Travel Network was founded by Debbie Ross, who provides the inspiration for women only small group trips as well as some mixed company trips. The WTN is affiliated with Worldwide Quest, a TICO Travel Agency, that provides all of the trip logistics, trip designs and details, and also looks after the entire booking process and client care before, during and after your travels.
For Reservations, To Request a Detailed Itinerary or to Discuss the Trip details contact:
491 King St. E, Toronto ON, M5A 1L9
Call: 416-633-5666 or 1-800-387-1483
Email: email@example.com or Kerry@worldwidequest.com
TICO REG. # 2667946